A native of Atlanta, GA, Brian briefly lived (3 yrs) in Aurora, IL before moving to Madison, WI in the fall of 2000. Within months of arriving, he became a member of Fountain of Life Church and active in the ministry.
Since joining Fountain of Life, he has sung in the Choir and served in Marriage Ministry, Youth Ministry, and as a Deacon. He believes God has called him to pastoral ministry with the explicit purpose of nurturing the Saints, passionately loving Him, genuinely loving others, and participating in making them disciples and servants. His spiritual gifts include teaching, shepherding, leadership, and stewardship. He considers himself a diligent student of God’s Word, with the ability to instruct in a scholarly and practical manner.
As a member of the Pastoral Oversight Team, his primary responsibility revolves around the spiritual overseeing of Youth & Children Ministries and the church’s annual budgetary process. He also leads or serves on various committees (e.g. Church Board, Building Committee, Finance Committee, Strategic Planning, Resource Planning to name a few).
He has been serving Christ for almost half of his life. He is married with 3 children (2 boys, 21 & 14 and 1 girl, 10).
Relevant training for position
- Over 20 years of leadership and fiscal experience: Military and Corporate America
- College Graduate - BS in Management & Communications
- FOL Servant Leadership Training
- Ministry Seminars
- FOL Catalyst Training
- Walking along side others
- Life experiences
- Favorite quote
- SERVICE to others is the rent we pay for our room in HEAVEN - Muhammad Al
- Favorite Activity (does not have to be spiritual or church-related)
- Two: Watching Sci-Fi movies & Studying Christian Philosophy